Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Pair of Good Links

Since I pointed out that error in the TEAMS text, you might think that I would not recommend them but I do. They still publish some great books that no one else publishes in Middle English. It is but one little error and I am sure it is a rarity. As well, they have placed most of their published work online for free. I like a printed book but if I just need a glimpse at something, an online version is nice too and you could cite these ones in an essay.
They offer The Book of Margery Kempe, many of Gower's works and John Lydgate, The Pearl, Robin Hood and Other Outlaw Tales, Charlemagne, Canterbury Tales and so many other texts all in Middle English but including a glossary. I recommend it highly.
http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/teams/catalog.htm

The other link is to a gardening site. The Metropolitan Museum of Art purchased some architectural elements of a Cistercian cloister from Bonnefort, France among others and reassembled them in New York. Sounds like it is worth a little visit. Here is the visitors page: http://www.metmuseum.org/cloisters/ But the link that I really wanted to post is for the medieval garden at the Cloisters. It is rare to find a blog on medieval gardens and it has photos as well. Here is a link: http://blog.metmuseum.org/cloistersgardens/
I think you should bookmark it.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes, I love the gardens link, too. Such wonderful articles and photos (I didn't realise the link between Herb Robert and Midsummer Night's Dream.)

Anachronist said...

Thanks for lovely links, I love gardens!

The Red Witch said...

You are welcome! I was looking for ways to inject a little medieval in my garden and stumbled upon it.