Crescent Blues: What kind of research did you do for Dead Until Dark?
Charlaine Harris: Surprisingly little.
This is what we know about the 'cluviel dor' from the novel:
- It is a fairy love gift.
- Fintan wanted it given to Adele if he was dead
- It can only be used once by the beloved.
- It makes Sookie feel happy to touch it, like when she is with her grandfather but more intense.
- You don't have to be a fairy to use it.
- It was given to Adele before Sookie's aunt Linda had died of cancer.
- It could have cured Linda's cancer.
- It can change the world.
- She can alter events in history by using it.
- It takes a year to make one, so they are very difficult to prepare.
- The wish has to be personal.
- Sookie can't use it to take away the telepathy.
- She can kill someone with it if they are directly threatening someone she loves.
- Other fae would kill Sookie for the cluviel dor.